Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Lewis Pugh Interview.mp4

Lewis Pugh -- Endurance Swimmer on Climate Change & Fracking:
Lewis is an environmental campaigner, a maritime lawyer and an endurance swimmer. He was the first person to complete a long distance swim in every ocean of the world. He frequently swims in vulnerable ecosystems to draw attention to their plight. "I will never forget the first time I saw a polar bear. I was in awe of its absolute beauty. I realised at that moment that I may be one of the last people to see them alive. Their habitat is melting away rapidly with climate change. By swimming in vulnerable ecosystems, I want to draw attention to the impact of our actions... I will swim - and stand for the future of our planet. I believe that each and every one of us can do something to ensure that future generations enjoy a safe and sustainable world." Simon caught up with Lewis to chat about his opinions on climate change and fracking after he made an eye-raising speech to Shell earlier in the year.

No comments: