Monday, March 3, 2014

Sample Review of a CD




Sample of Music review (from Premium B2 level Coursebook ed. Pierson/Longman)
Music Review of the week

Sandi Thom recorded her first album Smile …. It confuses people in 2006, and it quickly went to number one in the album charts. The hit single I wish I was a punk rocker from the album also got to number one.

I think this is a really beautiful album with some catchy pop tunes. Sandi is a good singer and her voice is different from most other singers at the moment.
My favourite track is I wish I was a punk rocker, which is lively and has very interesting lyrics. The only negative thing I would say about the album is that the backing band is a bit weak.

This CD gets better the more you listen to it. I would definitely recommend buying it and watching out for any further albums of this talented artist.

Paragraph 1: gives some information about where and where the writer got the CD
Paragraph 2: gives some information about the CD and singer
Paragraph 3: gives the writer’s opinion about the CD (both positive and negative)
Paragraph 4: gives a recommendation about whether to buy the CD or not

No comments: