Monday, March 3, 2014

Talking about art and exhibitions

Bob Dylan Artwork on show in Cardiff Bay



Watch the video and practise the following conversation either recommending or not the exhibition.
Conversation 1: Recommending an exhibition
I went to an exhibition in Cardiff Bay last Saturday.
Oh, did you? what was it?
It was a collection of graphics by Bob Dylan.
Oh really? It sounds quite interesting. What was it like?
Quite good, actually, the drawings were really great./I didn't think much of it myself.
So, would you recommend it, then?
Yes, you should go and see it./ No, I'd give it a miss, if I were you- unless you really like that sort of thing, of course.
Other expressions you can use:
It's OK if you are into that sort of thing./It's a must/ I really recommend it/it's well worth a visit
It's not worth the entrance fee/ It's not really my cup of tea/It's not my kind of thing/I just don't understand this stuff

No comments: