Saturday, December 6, 2008

What defines who a person is?

Discussion: What defines who a person is? Order the following from the most to the least important.

Clothes race work nationality gender family food hobbies language beliefs

Useful language:

Why don’t we start with the least important? That might make it a bit easier
That’s a good idea/good idea yeah
So what do we think is the least important then? Why don’t you start?
Well, you know, for me it’s definitely .......................I mean.. well...... I just don’t think that ............ has anything to do with a person’s identity at all?
How about .......................then?

It’s a bit more complicated than that though. For many people ...............
Yeah, that’s a good point / that’s exactly the point
I know what you mean.
I still feel that ........................... is more important.
What about ..........................

No comments: