Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Complaining about a service

Dear Sir,
On 23 April I was due to attend an important meeting in Chicago. I had a seat on the 12.15 flight from Heathwick Airport. To make sure I did not miss my flight, I decided to catch the train from my local station. Unfortunately, the train did not arrive until 08.45 and was further delayed due to a 'staff shortage'. We did not leave the station until 10.45. Needless to say, I missed my flight to Chicago. I explained the situation to the airline staff, but still had to buy another ticket. I arrived in Chicago considerably out of pocket and very late for my meeting.

I am now writing to complain about this appalling rail service and to demand a full refund, not only of my rail fare but also of my replacement air ticket.
Please find attached details of these costs.

I look forward to hearing from you. I should be grateful if you would contact me at the above address or by phone.
Yours faithfully,

No comments: