Friday, November 28, 2008

What shall we do tonight?

Useful language
So what do you feel like doing tonight?
Well, I’d quite like to…………….. (e.g. see a film ) or, I don’t know, see if there’s any good ……………………………………………. ( e.g. bands around), if you’re into …………………….. ( e.g. bands).
Yes, that’s an idea. What kind of………………….. music do you like, then?
Oh, all sorts, really, a lot of
………………………… ( e.g. pop) and I quite like………………………….. (e.g. blues and jazz )and ……………
Oh, really? I’m more into ……………………………(dance music) myself, so maybe ……………..
Well, If you’d rather, we could always ……………………………(go and see a film). I really like …………………….. films/things and I also like ……………………. (e.g. action movies, you know, car chases, guns, bombs, anything that’s fast and exciting).
Oh, right. To be honest with you, I’m not really that keen on ………………………..( e.g. violent films)
Oh come on, must be something we can do!
Let me think. Well I suppose we could always ………………………………… (e.g. go clubbing)/ so what about ………………………………… (going clubbing) then.
Ok, why not? Do you…………………….. (go) much yourself?
No, not all that often, actually. A couple of times a year, I guess.
Me too now, but I used to go a lot more when ……………………………. ( I was younger). The thing is, staying out dancing all night and then having to go to work first thing in the morning. I’m getting a bit too old for it now.
Oh, well, that’s off the menu, then! So what shall we do then?
Well, let’s give
………………………. (clubbing) a go.
CINEMA


Changeling Clint Eastwood's daring and empathetic period drama with Angelina Jolie is a tough watch but also rewarding and inspiring
Body of Lies
Sir Ridley Scott's CIA drama unites DiCaprio and Crowe, but to little dramatic effect
Quantum of Solace
Marc Forster’s slightly disappointing, furiously-paced addition to the 007 franchise
MUSIC
Antonio Forcione/Dado
Jazz, Latin & Improv
Pizza Express Jazz Club, W1
Italian acoustic guitar virtuoso Forcione – one time sidekick of Phil Collins, Van Morrison and Jools Holland –...
Julian Joseph
Jazz, Latin & Improv
FRonnie Scott's, W1
Joseph is arguably the finest pianist of his generation a brilliant, dynamic presence whose talents span everything...
Simple Minds + Deacon Blue
Wembley Arena, HA9
Celebrating their thirtieth anniversary, Jim Kerr and co will perform 1982's massive-selling 'New Gold Dream' in its ...
Restaurants

Cafes, Soho
Alan Yau teams with Italian bakery
Madsen
Scandinavian, South Kensington
Danish cooking in west London
More restaurant than parilla, a kick away from the Arsenal stadium is London's latest homage to the Argentinian steakhouse
PUBS
The Punch Bowl
Bars & Pubs, Mayfair
Madonna's pub. Sort of.
Buddha Bar
Bars & Pubs, Embankment
Popular Parisian bar on the Embankment

No comments: